With over 50,000 hectares of rainforest and national park around you, there is so much to see and do that you could easily spend many weeks at Broken River Mountain Resort. Or you could simply retreat to your lodge for a blissful few days away from the world.
Nature spotting & walks
Apart from spotting platypus and over 225 species of birds in their natural habitats, you can embark on 4WD bush adventures, take guided rainforest walks, or even arrange your own personalised national park tour.
The resort 4WD will even take you to the one way walking trail entrances allowing you to walk back to Broken River at your own pace through the amazing rainforest.
By arrangement guests can join our resident environmentalist, spotlighting for nocturnal animals in the national park.
immense knowledge of the area will give you a wider understanding of this unique habitat and the creatures that live here. These tours run on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, and are complimentary for resort guests. Personalised spotlighting tours may be arranged on other nights at a cost of AUD$70 per family.
Short drives & local attractions
Within a short drive of Broken River Mountain Resort you will discover amazing views, deep rainforest canopies, mountain streams and even waterfalls. The roads are a mix of bitumen and graded soil but are well suited to the standard 2WD vehicles. Those guests with 4WD will be able to explore even further. If you are planning to be touring during lunch talk to our chef about one of our sensational picnic hampers stocked with wonderful goodies to satisfy your appetite and thirst.
Attractions not to miss include:
Photography & Painting
- only a short distance from the main road and wheelchair accessible, this lookout offers breathtaking views over the Pioneer Valley. Round trip from resort - 5km
- Pease's Lookout - just north of Eungella on the Dalrymple Road this lookout offers brilliant views down the Pioneer Valley and back to the Eungella range. Round trip from resort - 24km
- Eungella Dam - a leisurely 1/2 hour drive through native forests and cattle farms on unsealed roads to see this huge local water storage facility. The dam has a picnic area and boat ramp for those ready for relaxation or a little more on-water adventure. Round trip from resort - 50km
- Crediton Loop - a return trip around the Crediton plateau offers superb mountain views to Mt Dalrymple and the Broken River catchment area. Deep rainforest canopies and old bridges are a highlight on the easy drive. Round trip from resort - 22km
- Eungella Chalet - perched on the edge of the escarpment at the top of the Eungella Range, the Chalet offers exceptional views of the Pioneer Valley. The Chalet is a wonderful stopping point for lunch and hosts regular hang-gliding events from the neighbouring take-off ramp. A large swimming pool is also provided for visitors. Round trip from resort
- Finch-Hatton Gorge - further down the valley from Eungella, this beautiful gorge has waterfalls that flow all year
round, fresh-water swimming holes, wonderful walking tracks, Forest Flying and a picnic area with tables. Within the Finch
Hatton Gorge, there are a couple of magnificent walking trails. The shorter walk is 1.6km (one way), taking you to the small, but pretty Araluen Falls. It returns along the same path, however, it also makes up the first section of the longer walk (which is definitely worth the extra distance). The longer walk continues on to the Wheel of Fire Falls, and is a total of 3km (one way). The scenery along the walks is wonderful, with a variety of plants and trees. Round trip from resort - 52km
With such an abundance of flora and fauna Broken River and the surrounding area represents a lifetime of opportunities for the keen photographer or artist. Many professional photographers and artists spend countless hours capturing the amazing scenery and wildlife using the resort as their base.